It's registration time! Newsletter subscribers may register for fall starting now. General public registration begins this Friday, August 10th and all spaces are first-come, first-served for qualified dancers, so please register as soon as possible.
Here's a reminder about selecting classes:
- Continuing students are invited to return to their same time slot even if its level has increased. You may also select any other time slot of the same level.
- New beginning students may register for any age-appropriate class that follows the pre-requisite requirements (or feel free to contact Angelaif you meet the age requirements but not the pre-requisites--she'll help you find the right class).
- New students entering at the intermediate level or higher will have the opportunity to audition. To schedule an audition, please contact Angela.
Still have registration questions? Feel free to contact Angela.
BIRTHDAY PARTIES RETURN TO SUNDAYS!
Birthday parties are once again available after 2 p.m. on Saturdays and all day on Sundays, so now is the time to plan a fabulous and fun movement-themed birthday party of any kind, from basic to turn-key, at can't-be-beat pricing. Learn more.
DANCE IN THE NEWS: SPORTS CHOREOGRAPHY--A DIFFERENT WORLD CUP?
Please go watch (and share with your kids) this incredible clip of the CCN Ballet de Lorraine on the soccer field in Paris this past May.
WHERE TO BUY CLOTHES AND SHOES
Every year around this time we forward you some basic information about shopping for dance attire in San Francisco so you can get prepared for the start of the fall semester on September 4th. If you're curious about our casual and supportive dress code, you can read it at the bottom of our tuition and policies page.
If you are buying new shoes, please buy black tap shoes and pink ballet shoes for girls and black dance shoes for boys. For teens, please buy black tap and jazz shoes, pink or nude ballet shoes, and nude character shoes (if needed). If you already have shoes or find some second hand, any color is fine!
We do have some tap and ballet shoes in the shoe bin for you to use on a first come, first-served basis. If you find a pair that fits, feel free to take it. If you've outgrown an old pair, we'd love your old shoes back so that another student might benefit from them.
- Discount Dance for flat-rate shipping for shoes and other dance needs
- Payless on Mission at 22nd (for ballet or jazz shoes)
- Chloe's Closet in Bernal (for second-hand dance shoes)
- Target has a dance section
- Sears also offers dance and active wear
- eBay and craigslist are good sources for second-hand dance attire
Ask your children what their favorite part of spring season was. This will keep dance on their mind while we wait for fall season to begin.