Classes begin Tuesday, September 4th! We are so excited to see your kids, whether they are new to the studio or returning. Our youngest dancers will spend the first week getting to know the teachers and each other and learning how taking class works (including standing at the barre and waiting their turn). Dancers who are not new to Steppin' Out will start off slowly reviewing the steps we ended with last year as they get their bodies back into the swing of dance.
Please remember that while we don't have a uniform, we do have a dress code. We also ask parents to drop off dancers aged seven and older (but if you must stay, please keep quiet in the studio). See our "Tuition and Policies" page for details.
CLASSES WITH SPACE SPECIAL OFFER
Steppin' Out is offering a special, limited-time promotion for the classes below. Take $30 off when you register now or drop in for the first two weeks of class for free (contact Angelato take advantage of this offer). We'd also appreciate it if you would share this opportunity with friends!
- Tuesday 3-4 p.m. Tap/Ballet Beginning II ages 6-8 with Angela Rose Dorantes & Emily Hansel
- Tuesday 5-6 p.m. Tap/Pre-ballet/tumbling ages 3-5 with Angela Rose Dorantes & Emily Hansel
- Wednesday 9:30-10:15 a.m. Creative Movement ages 2.5-4 with Angela Rose Dorantes
- Wednesday 4-5 p.m. Tap/Ballet Intermediate I ages 7-9* with Angela Rose Dorantes & Zoe Swenson-Graham
DANCE SHOES & ATTIRE:
Talk to your dancers about keeping their shoes clean. Dance shoes are for indoors only. Tap shoes might only be for the studio unless you have very patient neighbors. Ballet shoes may be worn at home for practice but not outside on the street.
See our August newsletter for suggestions about buying clothes and shoes.
Here are two additions to that information:
- Discount dance is offering us 8% off and free shipping for orders of $49 and more. Use school code 68142 when you visit their website.
- Give Shoes/Take Shoes: If your dance shoes from last year don't fit but they are still in good condition, please donate them to our revolving shoe bin. If you need a pair of shoes, you are welcome to look in our free shoe bin and take any shoes that work.
FIRST EVER "WINECRAFT" EVENT FOR PARENTS!
Studio director Angela and Winter Break teacher Pearl have teamed up so that parents and older teens (15+) don't have to miss out on crafting fun! The first of an ongoing event series happens on Sunday, September 16th. Treat yourself to a well-deserved afternoon of relaxation and crafting. This first workshop will send you home with a personally designed set of throw pillows to beautify your own space or gift to a loved one. Art supplies provided and wine and other non-alcoholic beverages are complimentary. Learn more or register here.
MOVEMENT OF THE MONTH: TAP YOUR TOES
Tapping your toes can build foot strength as well as body awareness and it's also a great preparation for tap class. Have your children tap their toes up and down, alternating left and right. You can play some music or, if you have patient neighbors, have your kids put on their tap shoes and make their own music. Ask them to try to keep a steady rhythm, first tapping their toes on each beat and then tapping double time!
DANCE IN THE NEWS: A FAMILY AFFAIR
As you and your family return to dance this fall, we though you all might enjoy this multi-generational family dance video with choreography by Phil Wright.
Especially as kids adjust to their new fall schedules, all routines matters (whether bedtime routines, weekly routines, or dance routines!). Kids do better when they know what is expected of them. Having trouble getting out of the house in the morning? Remember what to do by making your morning routine a well-choreographed dance.