For our wider community, we'd like to formally invite you to the Steppin' Out 2017 Annual Performance at Everett Middle School on June 3rd and June 4th! There is no charge to attend any or all of the three shows and parking is available for $10 in the school parking lot (at 450 Church Street). Our daytime shows on Saturday, June 3rd at 11 a.m. or 2 p.m. showcase all of our dancers, while our evening show on Sunday, June 4th at 5 p.m. features our older dancers only.
For our current dancers, we'd like to remind you of some key information about the upcoming dress rehearsal and the performance:
- Dress Rehearsal is this Sunday, May 21st at Everett Middle School. Regular classes will still be held on Saturday, May 20th. Please check the Dress Rehearsal Schedule for your child's call time (and please arrive on time for your scheduled 30-minute window). Make up and special hair styles are not necessary for the dress rehearsal.
- Performance fees and costume payments are now due. Please pay during class or make arrangements with Angela to pay these fees so that your child will have a costume during the rehearsal. A staff member will be on site during the rehearsal to take payment for costumes and sell tights (if needed), but we need costumes picked up as soon as possible. Please review our Costume Information page to be sure you have everything you need.
- The actual performances are scheduled as listed for Saturday, June 3rd at 11a.m., Saturday, June 3rd at 2 p.m., and Sunday, June 4th at 5 p.m. Call time is 30 minutes prior to the start of the performance. Hair and make up should be fixed before to arriving at the theater (see Performance Hair & Make Up Guidelines for more). Parents are responsible for changing their own children's costumes and shoes. Parking is available on site for $10 and flowers and water will be for sale as well. Don't forget to invite your family and friends--no tickets are needed and everyone is welcome.
- We need parent volunteers! Parent volunteers sit with their child's class during the performance to make sure all dancers stay together quietly and to walk them back and forth between backstage and their theater seats. Volunteers have an excellent view of the performance. For classes with dancers younger than eight, we need two volunteers per class. Older dancers are expected to sit together without supervision (but parents are always welcome to join them as well). Please sign up to volunteer at the studio or email Angela.
- At the end of each show, all of the dancers will take a bow together. The dancers will then remain on stage until a parent or guardian comes to pick them up. Feel free to take pictures as you congratulate your performers!
- Some schedule reminders: Saturday classes will run as usual on May 20th and then dancers will return on the 21st for Dress Rehearsal. The following week, we will run normal classes Tuesday, 5/23 through Saturday, 5/27. Then the studio will be closed during the week of May 30th through June 2nd, but we'll see you at the final performances on June 3rd and 4th. After the performances, Steppin' Out will be on summer break until after Labor Day, when our fall sessions will begin (look for a registration reminder in August).